Why Is Certification Needed?
- Graphene in composite materials will revolutionise industry and improve quality of life for us all
- However, manufacturing requires predictability and replicability
- And graphene can perform differently when it is combined with different materials
- It’s not just about the purity of the source of the graphite that the graphene is made from. It’s about how the graphene interacts with other materials in the manufacturing process.
Graphene is a new material that will drive advance manufacturing over the coming decades. Imagine’s philosophy is that we need to integrate our technologies into existing manufacturing processes in order to deliver new products fast. Replicability and quality assurance are critical to scalable manufacturing. Creating the means to provide this assurance of performance is the mission for the Imagine Graphene Certification Centre.
We don’t make a product that can be called graphene in order to sell it. We engineer the graphene we make and compound it into other materials in order to deliver a solution. We then undertake to our partners, licensees and customers that it will perform precisely as it needs to.
Imagine’s Graphene Certification Centre is a partnership with Swinburne University of Technology and provides the research back end that enables us to deliver the replicability and quality assurance within manufacturing supply chains that our partners need.
Our materials have been selected by Materials Connexion to participate in their New York flagship showroom which displays the newest and most exciting materials to a wide audience of designers and engineers of all disciplines.
Graphene Application Quality System
Certification is a quality system that delivers replicability across the whole supply chain. At the Imagine Graphene Certification Centre we apply proven processes across the supply chains of new graphene applications, driven by the needs of our industrial partners.
Certification achieves the following for graphene applications:
- Understanding and analysis of the materials used throughout the supply chain
- Establishing the optimum methods and measurements that will be relevant to manufacturers using Imagine graphene based products
- Being assured that the end product will perform to the necessary specifications every time it is made
Imagine Graphene Certification System
The process for achieving certification at the Imagine Graphene Certification Centre is as follows:
- APPLICATION: An application is developed that utilises graphene
- SPECIFICATION: Specifications are developed for the new product for every stage in the supply chain
- CHARACTERISATION: The Imagine Graphene Certification Centre characterises the graphite, graphene and graphene compounds upon which the specifications are based
- TESTING: Imagine Graphene Certification Centre measures and monitors the whole supply chain against the specifications
- CERTIFICATION: Certifies each participant in the supply chain for the application CERTIFICATION: Certifies each participant in the supply chain for the application is imgne ® Certified and therefore able to carry the trademark.
Imagine Graphene Certification Centre
Imagine’s Graphene Certification Centre is a partnership with Swinburne University of Technology and ensures replicability and quality assurance within manufacturing supply chains that use graphene.
The Imagine Graphene Certification Centre is situated within Swinburne University’s Factory of the Future, located at the Advanced Manufacturing and Design Centre in Melbourne, Australia.
Graphene materials are characterised, tested and certified in the laboratories as part of our Graphene Certification System providing our supply chain partners with confidence when manufacturing with graphene.